You know, they say that the way you end the year is the way it will be for the year. Let’s hope not. Lol. After two weeks of doing nothing but resting and resting, I found out today that doing nothing really can harm you. After spending the morning at the local Primacare, I found out that I bruised a cartilage surrounding my ribs (yikes!!) I admit that it is painful, but at least I know what it is so it can be semi-healed in time for me to return to work on Monday.
As I reflect, I realize that coming up with resolutions are useless because, to be honest, I never keep them. However, I do have a few things I would like to get done. This is going to be a great year because I am turning 40!! While some would be upset, I am not. I am so excited and blessed. With getting older means that I will have to get it together not just for me but for my husband and children.
Here are a few things on my list for 2012 in no particular order!!
1. Get healthy. That means going to the Dr. At the first sign of trouble instead if waiting. My health must come first, right?
2. Begin a walking / running training to complete my first RunDisney Event in May. The plan is for my 9 year old and I to compete together. Of course she is an athlete, so she might just leave me. Lol. I also have a friend who might be joining us as well. It should fun. Nothing is set in stone but it is on my agenda to complete. I have to follow through. 🙂
3. Stay consistent with my blogging.
4. Eat at home more. We did way too much eating out in 2011, but that is changing for 2012.
5. Organize my life better (house, work, family, etc).
Of course there is always the common sense things and things we strive to be better at, so I won’t list those. So many things will continue to be a priority and those won’t change. 🙂
I want to wish everyone a safe and healthy New Year in 2012!!!