Time is really flying by and next month we will arrive at the long awaited Spring Break!! Normally, I have an idea of what we will do, but this year there are so many things to choose from, we can’t decide what we will do (or if we will just hang out). Either way, I wanted to share some great vacation / activity ideas that can be found in the great state of Texas. This list doesn’t include all there is to offer, but just a few ideas I am considering for our family.
- Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi, Texas. This place looks like the best location to enjoy sea life with a great view.
- A stay at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel. We have to have a place to stay right? From the research I have done, it is an ideal location that is family friendly, in close proximity the local attractions and dogs (under a certain weight) are allowed. We can’t leave Numberly at home can we?
- Take a quick trip to San Antonio and get in a visit to Discovery Point at Sea World San Antonio to swim with dolphins. I have always wanted to do this but have been putting it off because, well… I (not my family) do not swim! It is my understanding that swimming is not a requirement as long as I am comfortable in the water. Works for me!
- Enjoy a staycation in downtown Dallas to take advantage of perfect family friendly activities that are available. There are a few activities we could enjoy as a family: Klyde Warren Park, Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Dallas World Aquarium, and the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza. Not sure where we would stay, but there is an array of local downtown hotels to choose from.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving. Yes, iFly! Both of my kids have expressed interest in skydiving and because I would never allow falling from a plane in real life, this is the next best thing. I kinda dig the controlled indoor environment.
- Aqua Shop Indoor Surfing at The Shops at Willowbend. Another indoor controlled environment. My daughter actually took surfing lessons at Disney World a few years back and because we can’t make a trip to Walt Disney World until the summertime, this is right up our alley!
- Sometimes it’s not necessary to go far out and is a good idea to keep it local near our home. We can go for a jump at Altitude Trampoline Park, or go ice skating at Ice At The Parks Mall, or take in a movie or two;(Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will be released March 17, just in time for our spring break), or plan some cool DIY projects as a family.
- Do absolutely NOTHING and just enjoy doing just that.
I still have a small window to make some decisions, and with these and so many activities and attractions to chose from, I am sure that we will find the perfect activities just right for us and you will too!!
Until Next Time!