This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishGameTime #CollectiveBias
Spending time with my family is especially important this time of year when spring and summer is on its way. To help with the planning of some of our outdoor activities, we shop at Walmart, not only to save money but because it is the best destination to purchase all of our snack and activity needs.
One of the snacks on our current list is Goldfish® crackers. There is a perfect variety of flavors that will fit the different taste buds and preferences of your individual family members. You can choose from Cheddar, Whole Grain Cheddar, Colors, Xtra Cheddar or Mix. In our local Walmart, we found the Goldfish® crackers on the same aisle as other cookies and crackers. The bulk price of $6.68 makes the Goldfish a great value.
For our family activity day, we created a DIY Outdoor Memory Game. The game is similar to the game you played as a kid, but on a larger scale using ceramic tile so that the game can be played outside. The entire project took my family about 90 minutes to complete (including paint drying).
- 12 – 12×12 ceramic tiles (can be bought for less than $.50 at your local home improvement store).
- Acrylic Paint (in your choice of colors)
- Foam paint brushes
- Stencils (your choice of designs).
Step By Step Instructions:
- Position the stencil on the tile. You will use the same design on two tiles. There will be 6 designs in all on 12 tiles.
- While holding the tile in place, paint the stencil paying close attention to where the paint goes (including into the edges). We found that one coat is all we needed.
- Carefully remove the stencil to reveal the design. Be careful not to tear it, because you will need to use it to complete the same design on the next tile.
- Place the tiles in a location to dry.
Once the tiles are dry, it is time to move the party outside.
1. Randomly position the tiles (upside down) in no specific order. I am partial to a 4X3 configuration.2. One by one, turn over two tiles, if they match, move on to the next player. If it does not match, that player turns the tiles back over and allow the next player to try their hand at it.3. Once all of the tiles are matched, the game is ready to be played again. We didn’t declare a winner, because it was about us having fun together. However, you are free to determine your own rules that work for you.
With any fun family activity, a good snack is always a great addition. We enjoy snacking on Goldfish® crackers because let’s face it, we always have. Goldfish® crackers are a smarter snack choice that is a win-win for parents and kids. Of course, you never want to over indulge on anything which is why appropriate serving sizes is important.The Snack That Smiles Back®. I have always loved that tagline.
My family loved the time we spent creating this game and even more fun playing against each other! At the end of the day, family is what is most important and being able to spend time with our growing kids is worth it.
What outdoor family activities do you and your family enjoy? Get more ideas for meals, snacks, games and family fun when you click here.
Until Next Time!