What can I say? This was an awesome event and one that my entire family enjoyed. It was my first time and it did not disappoint. We decided to make it a family night and my kids had the most fun.
As soon as we walked in, we couldn’t help but to get immersed into the atmosphere and all that was taking place. We didn’t know where to start, but we soon figured it out. They had everything from $1 comic books, to fancy character socks and belts to a Kids Zone to character cosplay to celebrity autographs to familiar sights.
As a newbie, I wanted to share some of the things I learned.
- Check for discounts on tickets. I found a buy one adult, get a child’s ticket for free on the website. This saved us a bit of money even though it was for just one of our children. Every little bit helps.
- Do some research. It is always a good idea to understand what you can expect because it can be overwhelming especially for a newbie. Also be sure to utilize the available app to help navigate your way through the event.
- Keep your camera handy. I actually missed some great photo opportunities because I didn’t reach for my camera in time. However the photos I got, I am happy with (Dr. Who Phone Booth, Star Wars, etc). Personally, I was in awe of the stone angel and two spider men challenging each other. Talk about hilarious!!
- Just based on my experience, the first day is a great time to go as a newbie. Because it gives you a chance to experience the event without the huge crowds that occurred the following days.
- Be sure to have cash on hand. So many awesome trinkets to be purchased and you want to be prepared to buy what you desire.
Next year, I will be ready to experience the weekend and will probably stay downtown, just to be close to all of the action.
For more information, be sure to visit http://fanexpodallas.com/ for upcoming event notices.
Until Next Time!
Thank you to the good people at the Dallas Fan Expo for the ticket to the event. All thoughts and opinions are my own.