Thank you to Revolar for providing the device to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you ever been out walking and wondered who was out there with you? I have. Matter of fact, while I was walking alone on a trail that I frequented often, I saw a gentleman just sitting on a boulder. My first thought was that was weird and then as I past him, I looked back. He was staring at me. I sped up and looked back… he was still staring at me. Needles to say, it freaked me out a lot and I was so happy when I got to the roundabout and saw other walkers. I am saying this to say that, if I had the device I am about to discuss, I could have at least put my family on alert, just in case. Thankfully, nothing happened, but it was still scary.
What Is The Revolar Instinct?
The Revolar Instinct is a personal safety device.
At the click of a button, Revolar Instinct can let your loved ones know your GPS location and if you’re safe, scared, or in an emergency.
I Tested It With My Daughter
My daughter sometimes rides the bus home and walks from the bus stop. I worry about her safety and during this test period, I sent Revolar with her a few days and it made me happy to know that if she were in trouble, she could alert us.
How Does It Work?
You must first download the free Revolar app, then sync to your device. Once you have completed the set up, take it for a test run and that’s it.
- You can check-in with one press of the button and let your chosen contacts know that you are ok.
- It has Multiple Alert Levels. It allows you make contact as soon as you feel uncomfortable with a situation.
- Ring Me allows you to “call” yourself so that you can excuse yourself from an uncomfortable situation. I could have used that feature in many occasions.
- Don’t forget the Custom Messaging that can personalize your Check-In and alerts messages.
- It tracks your steps.
- Compatible with IPhone 4S or newer and Android devices on 5.0 or above.
What I Loved About It?
- I love the convenience and size of it. It’s just the right size that won’t get in the way.
- The setup from my iPhone and adding my contacts.
- It made me feel at ease especially when my daughter tested it.
- It’s easy to use.
- There are no additional fees.
- The Revolar doesn’t have to be charged because the battery should last about 6-12 months depending on the usage.
What I Didn’t Like About it?
- The lack of the 911 capability. However, I am sure there is a ton of red tape that explains why that may not be possible.
- I worry about the actual battery life. It should last a good amount of time, but that’s in the back of my mind. It should last about 6-12 months so it’s a good idea to keep the required CR2032 batteries on hand.
Overall, I love this product and I am so happy I got to test it. Otherwise, I might not have believed that it will do all that I says it would. (Win/win)
For more information about the REVOLAR or to grab one for yourself, visit Revolar.com. Shipping begins in May, so this is a good time to purchase before the summertime.
Until Next Time!