I know it is still early (and February 2018 is a few months away) but I have to share my excitement about the new Marvel Black Panther movie. Did you see the teaser trailer? Just take a look:
What do you think? Well, I, for one, am super giddy and it’s hard to contain myself. To be honest, I LOVE that there is a predominantly African-American cast because not only did they get some of Black Hollywood’s A-List actors, but the action within the trailer is spectacular. I can only imagine what the other trailers and actual movie will be like. Have you seen who some of the actors of this film will be?
- Chadwick Boseman – T’Challa /Black Panther (42, Get On Up, Captain America: Civil War)
- Micheal B Jordan (Fruitvale Station & Creed)
- Lupita N’yang’o (Queen of Katwe &12 Years a Slave)
- Angela Bassett (Malcom X, What’s Love Got to Do With It? Tina Turner!! she played Tina Turner)
- Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland & The Butler)
- Sterling K Brown (This Is Us & NCIS)
- Phylicia Rashad (Empire & The Cosby Show – Claire Huxtable y’all!)
- And many many more wonderful actors.
My fellow Marvel fans remember that T’Challa (the new ruler of the advanced kingdom of Wakanda) made his debut with Captain America and the rest of the Marvel heavy hitters in Captain America: Civil War.Just seeing that glimpse of him and his back story definitely made me excited to learn more about him and where he “comes from”.
Ok, who’s with me? Who’s going to see it the day it is released February 16, 2018? What will you wear? Are going to enjoy it with family, friends, alone or all of the above? Either way, I highly doubt we will be disappointed.