Yes you heard it right! The 30 day countdown to the opening of the Marvel Studios’ Black Panther opening has begun!!!! Every since I heard the news of the movie’s arrival, I have been beside myself with anticipation. The plan is to make this an event to remember for my family to include a bit of pomp and circumstance. Isn’t everyone preparing in the same way?I have so much to do to prepare for opening weekend. Let’s see….. what will I need to do finish preparing? Hmm?
- Opening Day Tickets? Got them!
- Additional reading materials to get more familiar with the storyline and characters? Yep!
- Catch up and share all trailer clips to social media so that everyone shares the excitement with me? Done!
- Coordinating outfits so that everyone knows what we are preparing to do when we walk into the theater? Wait! No!!! I’m not ready!! (Uh-Oh). I have 30 days to get this situated. I do have an idea, but an accessory is missing.
My daughter and I decided that we wanted to create something super simple for the occasion but didn’t want to go all out. After a bit of discussion, we agreed that an easy DIY “Black Panther” inspired No-Sew Infinity Scarf was in order.
Check out how we did it. By the way…. Each scarf literally took 20 minutes to complete. I am all about saving time.
- Beautiful African print fabric. I purchased my fabric from a Houston based shop on Etsy HouseOfMamiWata’s
- Iron-On Hem Tape
How Did We Do It?
- Take 1 yard of the fabric and fold it in half the long way. Preheat the iron on the Wool Setting.
- Using the Iron-On Hem Tape, place the tape along the outside of the material.
- Iron the two edges so that the tape is fused together creating the seam.
- Turn the garment outside in, place the two ends together and line the hem tape along the edge.
- Iron the ends together.
- Fluff the scarf. After all of the ironing it might be a bit flat.
- Enjoy and pair with your favorite coordinating outfit and be ready for a Black Panther kind of night.
At the end of the day, it’s about spending that time together as a family and doing things that you love to do. I loved doing this DIY project with my daughter. She reminds me to just live in the moment and do what makes me happy. If you are wondering, I have not forgotten about the two men in my life and they will be prepared.
I will reveal the actual coordinated outfits soon, but in the meantime check out the finished products!
To get you in the Black Panther spirit, check out the “Warriors of Wakanda” Featurette. The Dora Milaje warriors of Wakanda are giving me life!
Like BLACK PANTHER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackPantherMovie
Follow BLACK PANTHER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theblackpanther
Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
BLACK PANTHER arrives in theatres everywhere on February 16, 2018.
Until Next Time!