Who among us has vacationed to Walt Disney World Resort (or any Disney Theme park or Disney Cruise)? Ok, who has created or worn “like” T-shirt’s as a family? Yep, thought so. So have we!
Our next adventure is upon us and there is no way I could go without creating “like” Disney-inspired T-shirts for my entire family. You are probably thinking, why movie quotes? Well, to be honest, we love quotes and find ourselves quoting lines from specific Disney / Marvel / Pixar Movies because… well, they are fun. Also, I got to use my vinyl cutter, freezer paper, and fabric paint which means they were easy to create.
Check out how easy it was:
- Vinyl Cutter
- Freezer Paper
- Fabric Paint (your choice of colors)
- Using the vinyl cutter available software create the quote using your choice of fonts.
2. Allow the cutter to do its thing.
3. Peel the cut freezer paper from the vinyl cutter pad. You will use the skeleton portion of the cut. Also, be sure to remember to include the inner portion of some of the letters.
4. Position the quote on to the T-shirt, ensuring that it is in the position you want it in.
5. Iron the freezer paper onto the shirt.
6. Paint the shirt. Don’t worry, the color won’t bleed onto the area outside of the cut area.
7. Allow to dry.
8. Peel the freezer paper away from the shirt and there you have it.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are wondering, no you really don’t need a vinyl cutter to create your own T-shirt’s. You can actually print the image you are interested in (or have created), cover the image with the freezer paper, trace and using an Exacto knife, carefully cut the image and complete the rest of the above instructions.
Now for the finished products.
Husband’s T-shirt (Frozone – Incredibles 2)
My Shirt! Honey (Frozone’s Wife – Incredibles 2). Yes! It’s front and back.
My Son (Iron Man – The Avengers)
My Daughter (Black Panther)
What do you think? Simple yet effective, I think. We actually have another set of shirts, but I didn’t make those. I really enjoy matching with my family especially during our Walt Disney World Resort vacations.
Until Next Time!